Dart River Wilderness Jet
Your Wilderness Jet is an exhilarating and spectacular journey deep into the heart of the world-renowned Mt Aspiring National Park with the only jet boat operator allowed on the Dart River.
The sheer diversity of what’s on offer means you experience a unique combination of breathtaking scenery matched with exciting jet boating on braided, glacier-fed rivers. Highly informative guides add the personal touch, talking about the area’s history, the Greenstone trail and Māori legends. Walk amongst ancient beech forest unchanged for 80 million years and view the scenic backgrounds for many Middle Earth movie scenes. An authentic New Zealand experience in an untouched world.
Where else can you pack so much into a half day of adventure and exploration?
- Sit back, relax and enjoy the fantastic lakeside scenery on our complimentary courtesy bus to Glenorchy with an entertaining narrative from your local driver describing Lake Wakatipu and its legends. The spectacular 46km drive from Queenstown to Glenorchy is one of the world’s Top 10 scenic drives
- More than an hour of thrilling high-speed wilderness jet boating skimming across the clear waters of the Dart River into the Te Waipounamu World Heritage Area
- Hear about flora, fauna and history on a 30 minute forest walk with your friendly guide. To improve your understanding of the tour this is available at no cost in a GPS audio tour called KRUSE in Chinese, German, French, Japanese and Spanish. Please try and request this in your booking.
- On a backroad tour of Paradise immerse yourself in scenes and backdrops from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies
- Learn about the Pounamu (Greenstone) that made the Dart River a key trading route for early Māori
- Tales of early settlers who carved rich farms from the rugged landscape
WILDERNESS JET TRIP INFO
We depart the Queenstown Information Centre at 7:40am and 11:40am. For pick-ups and drop offs on our scheduled circuit, ask at reception or local booking agent for locations and times. Return to Queenstown approx. 1.45pm and 5.15pm.
If driving, allow at least an hour from Queenstown to Glenorchy to include photo stops.
Wilderness trips depart daily at 9am and 1pm from the Dart Visitor Centre, Glenorchy and are 3 hours in duration.
Life jackets are supplied and mandatory on the jet boat. Optional spray jackets are also available.
Summer – Sunglasses, sun hat, camera, sunscreen, insect repellent and warm outer layer recommended.
Winter – Wear warm clothing plus hat, gloves, windproof outer jacket, sunglasses & camera.
Please ensure you wear suitable supportive footwear. The guided walk is 30 minutes long on a rolling track through the forest. Minimum child height of 1 metre applies.