Smithy's Noticeboard Community
Dave Smith aka Smithy is the Big Boss of the Glenorchy Motors - where our PO Boxes are located and also it is the home of our village's NOTICE BOARD. So this is the online version of Smithy's Noticeboard.
We encourage everyone to use it - these classifieds go miles!
To send your classifieds for publishing please use firstname.lastname@example.org
OUTWARD BOUND WORK WANTED
Hi, I'm James Glover. I need to raise over $3000 towards Outward Bound that's occurring next year in April. I'm happy to offer work like wood splitting/stacking, lawn mowing, lawn mower repairs and other jobs likes dog walks. Will happily help with anything handy over the weekends and summer school holidays.
Contact me at email@example.com, or call me at Kinloch Lodge (03) 4424900
"Better people, better community, better world"
My wife Kaia and I are a NZ Resident couple from Hungary and are looking for long term accommodation in Glenorchy. We are writing to you because we would like your help so that we soon can realise our dream!
We’ve been living in Queenstown for 14 months but now we really feel the time has come to establish stronger relationships with Nature and with our friends from our awesome community (Ayumi & Olly, Bobbie, Sarsha, Caro & Brahmananda and more).
I’m an Architectural Graduate, permaculturist, musician, and I work for Team Green Architects. Kaia is a certified permaculture designer and brilliant gardener, a fashion designer and manager, and runs her own all-natural beauty care business, KAIA’S Naturals.
We are ready to move immediately (one month notice with our current place) and we would appreciate any offer. We would like to maintain the privacy of our potential landlord and that of ours though, so a self-contained unit is certainly preferable. The owners will not only benefit directly from our (especially Kaia’s) gardening skills and knowledge but also from our fun, respectful and relaxed company!
GY RACE DAY CALL for STALLS
GLENORCHY RACE DAY STALL APPLICATIONS
If you are interested in having a stall at the Glenorchy races on the 5th January 2019, please get your letter into the Lakeside Rugby Club by the 12th November. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICE/DESK SPACE WANTED
I’ve recently moved to town and am looking for a desk or office space to work from locally three or four days a week. I am self-employed with my own organising and administration support business and I also contract to various businesses.
I don’t mind sharing and am happy to pay in time towards your business or negotiate $$.
Thank you in advance!
ACCOMMODATION WANTED FOR A SCOT :-)
I am from Scotland and will be working in Glenorchy and so I am seeking some accommodation long term. A room would be perfect :) I am a non smoker, and a very respectful person. There would be no issues at all.
I arrive in Queenstown today.
Please email email@example.com.
My partner and I are going to be working in Glenorchy and are looking forward to being a part of this beautiful community.
We are looking for a house/sleep out/cabin/room to rent for a six month term starting around October 16th, with a possibility to extend.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 027 5169052
SCHOOL KIDS' OPPORTUNITY
Want to earn some pocket money over summer???
We are looking for a couple of kids to do dishes in the evenings from November through to March.
1 or 2 nights a week from approx 6 - 8 pm.
Great pay and work experience!
Contact Monica on 027 3620271 if keen :-)
AROHA SITS VAC
Full time Housekeeper @ Aro Ha Wellness Retreat
- Daily housekeeping of guests rooms, all guest facilities and staff areas including spa building
- Managing and working in the Aro Ha laundry
- Knowledge and understanding of effective cleaning methods and techniques using eco friendly products
- Attention to detail and high standards of cleanliness to maximize guest satisfaction
- Administration tasks associated with Housekeeping
- Guests laundry as required
- Adhere to all Health & Safety standards
- Organization and maintenance of inventory/stock
- Ordering supplies as required
- Ability to consistently motivate and uplift those around you.
- Other various tasks as assigned
- An eye for detail and ability to multi task
Physical requirements while performing the duties of this job: the employee must be able to work in a physically demanding environment; maneuver on uneven ground; stand for long periods of time; regularly lift and carry bags and bundles of linen, reconfigure guest rooms, lift, bend, carry, load and unload laundry in and out of commercial washing equipment.
You must be legally able to work in New Zealand
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com by 15 October 2018:
- Cover letter
- Current Resume with references
Passport size photo & copy of driver's licence or passport showing valid work permit if required
My partner and I are going to be working in the area and are excited to be a part of the Glenorchy community. We are looking for a room/house to rent for a 6 month term with a possibility to extend.
We will both be working full time, so not looking for a party house. We are respectful, quiet, and enjoy keeping a clean space.
We are looking for accommodation that would start around the 15th of October.
Please email us straight away if we seem like a good fit!
Thank you for looking at our post and we are looking forward to being a part of this beautiful community.
Mel and Zach
PARADISE ZIPLINES SITS VAC
GUIDES & DRIVERS
We are an eight line zipline course operating in a stunning gorge on Rees Valley Station, 10 minutes from Glenorchy, one hour from Queenstown. Bungy jumps are also being added here in the near future!
For the 2018/19 season and beyond we are looking for enthusiastic zipline guides & drivers plus an all star Office/Sales Managerwho will bring:
– a passion for the outdoors and local region
– a professional but fun personality that inspires confidence
– a responsible attitude to keeping our clients safe, cared for and engaged
– current first aid certificate preferred
– P class licence required for drivers and an advantage for guides and office manager
– Legal entitlement to work in New Zealand a requirement
– Paradise Ziplines participates in active drug and alcohol testing to ensure a safe workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992
In addition guides will bring:
– a head for heights and physical fitness that allows you to be on your feet all day while carrying equipment and assisting others
– a self starter who willingly carries out maintenance tasks when not guiding
– previous zipline guiding experience preferred, some outdoor guiding experience required
The Office/Sales Manager will be:
– An all rounder with experience in accounts, reservations, social media management and an excellent phone manner, with knowledge of the local tourism industry an advantage
We will be employing both full time and casual guides and drivers for the summer season and beyond so if you'd like to be a part of this exciting, growing business get in touch by emailing your details to firstname.lastname@example.org