Smithy's Noticeboard Community
Dave Smith aka Smithy is the Big Boss of the Glenorchy Motors - where our PO Boxes are located and also it is the home of our village's NOTICE BOARD. So this is the online version of Smithy's Noticeboard.
We encourage everyone to use it - these classifieds go miles!
To send your classifieds for publishing please use firstname.lastname@example.org
would like a ride from Queenstown to Glenorchy
or start of Rees Dart track. If anyone can help please contact:-
Nathan on 027 224 7165 or
Richard on 027 789 0018.
Willing to contribute to costs.
BEAUTIFUL TREES NEED GOOD HOMES
Four "Red Sunset" Canadian Acer (Maples)
Beautiful feature trees that will grow to five metres
Yours for a donation to the Glenorchy Community Trust
Contact Trudi 020-40106569 for more information
WINDOW CLEANER AVAILABLE
I'm a window cleaner :-)
My name is Matt Belcher and my number is 0220440065
Call and book in for sparkly clean windows all round
(A grand lad who does a really good job! :-) Ed)
Part time/full time
Please contact Kath on 0274 368 531
NETBALL - 2019
Are you interested in playing Netball over the winter?
Practices will be in Glenorchy
Games will be played in Queenstown, either in the evening or Saturdays
Season generally April - August
If you are interested please let me know as soon as possible on 021 251 5542
PARADISE ZIPLINES SITS VAC
GUIDES & DRIVERS
We are an eight line zipline course operating in a stunning gorge on Rees Valley Station, 10 minutes from Glenorchy, one hour from Queenstown. Bungy jumps are also being added here in the near future!
For the 2018/19 season and beyond we are looking for enthusiastic zipline guides & drivers plus an all star Office/Sales Managerwho will bring:
– a passion for the outdoors and local region
– a professional but fun personality that inspires confidence
– a responsible attitude to keeping our clients safe, cared for and engaged
– current first aid certificate preferred
– P class licence required for drivers and an advantage for guides and office manager
– Legal entitlement to work in New Zealand a requirement
– Paradise Ziplines participates in active drug and alcohol testing to ensure a safe workplace in accordance with the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992
In addition guides will bring:
– a head for heights and physical fitness that allows you to be on your feet all day while carrying equipment and assisting others
– a self starter who willingly carries out maintenance tasks when not guiding
– previous zipline guiding experience preferred, some outdoor guiding experience required
The Office/Sales Manager will be:
– An all rounder with experience in accounts, reservations, social media management and an excellent phone manner, with knowledge of the local tourism industry an advantage
We will be employing both full time and casual guides and drivers for the summer season and beyond so if you'd like to be a part of this exciting, growing business get in touch by emailing your details to email@example.com
MARKET STALL DAY
We are currently seeking expressions of interest and bookings for our next Market Stall Day on Sunday Oct 21st as part of our
GREAT GLENORCHY GETAWAY WEEKEND!
*$20 per stall BYO Table and Gazebo
(talk to us about hiring if you don’t have your own).
The weekend includes loads of workshops, live music, tastings and talks.
It’s going to be a packed weekend of activities and events for all ages which we can’t wait to share with you all.