QLDC - ROAD UPDATE
Feb 4, 2020
* Glenorchy Road - closed near Bob's Cove. Estimated cleanup operation of 5-6 hours. We're hopeful the road will be open to at least one lane of traffic by 5.00pm tonight.
* Glenorchy Road - closed between Fernhill and Sunshine Bay. A second debris flow has come down here. Crews are on site and a detour is in place. Estimated 5-6 hour operation for clean up.
There are several slips which they are working on at the moment. Keep an eye on the NZTA Facebook page and website for the latest updates.
There are also several road closures on our local roads:
* Glenorchy Road - now closed near Bob's Cove as there are several trees and rocks on the road requiring heavy machinery. Travel is possible from Queenstown to Bob's Cove but not on to Glenorchy.
* Paradise Road (Earnslaw Burn washout) - currently closed at Priory Road / Paradise Road turn off.
* Kinloch Road – closed on the Glenorchy side of Dart River Bridge and unlikely to be open today.
* Routeburn Road (Scott Creek washout) – road closed and not passable.
When updates come in, we will post them here and also at: https://www.qldc.govt.nz/rain-related-road-closures-februar…
And if you are out driving across our district today, please remember to drive to the conditions, give cars around you plenty of room, and check for any surface flooding or closures.
First photo: Supplied by Aspiring Highways - SH6 slip near Kingston
Second photo: Supplied by Irahaira - Glenorchy Road near Bob's Cove.