GLENORCHY RIDING CLUB INVITES YOU...
Mar 10, 2018 - Mar 24, 2018 - 10:00am
The Glenorchy Riding Club would like to invite all riders for couple of hacks, which are planned for the month of March:
Saturday 10th MARCH
10am READY TO RIDE
WHAKAARI CONSERVATION AREA
A half-day ride (up to 4 hours) to the lovely JEAN HUT (or a wee bit further) - great mountains & lake views with interesting history...
- Meet at the Whakaari Carpark (on the QTN-GY road pass Blanket Bay on the left and the entrance to Wyuna Station on the right - the carpark is on the right, watch for a DOC sign).
- Take a lunch/drink, wear according weather.
- Horses are recommended to be shod/booted due to the schist surface at places.
- Strictly no dogs.
- Contact Ruth-Ann: 027 444 7358
24th - 25th MARCH
REES VALLEY OVERNIGHT RIDE
We are going to ride a part of what is rated as the BEST MULTI DAY HORSE TREK IN NEW ZEALAND, staying at a very unique place...
This would not be possible without the well appreciated support of Deana Insley & High Country Horses and the Rees Valley Station / Scotts Family - THANK YOU!!!
GEAR TO TAKE WITH YOU:
- Sleeping bags and pillows
- Some hay for horses as grass is low
- Toilet paper and dishwashing liquid
- T towels
- Towels for shower
- Sandfly repel
- Extra fire wood for cabin fire
There is enough plates, cutlery etc for 13 people.
There are 5 tents with 2 stretchers and swags plus one spare tent. Up and built. The cabin sleeps 4.
$10 contribution to this ride - please bring cash.
Venue: WHAKAARI (Mt Judah) and REES VALLEY