Smithy's Noticeboard Community
Dave Smith aka Smithy is the Big Boss of the Glenorchy Motors - where our PO Boxes are located and also it is the home of our village's NOTICE BOARD. So this is the online version of Smithy's Noticeboard.
We encourage everyone to use it - these classifieds go miles!
To send your classifieds for publishing please use firstname.lastname@example.org
TOW & MOW MOWER FOR SALE
Metalform Tow & Mow Mower
Excellent condition 1500mm cut
Key start with brand new battery
Adjustable cutting heights.
Goes really well - $2000.00
I have a couple of options available for rent. A Self Contained Hut as well as a Self Contained Bus both available for rent. Both suitable for single or couple.
Contact Sue 0274429963 for more info.
WANTED - ACCOMMODATION
Emma Lange at Glenorchy Country Radio 89.2FM is looking for somewhere to live. I have great tidy habits, am super friendly and caring PLUS reliable and respectful. Importantly I work locally and can provide excellent references. Please call / text 021 1357981 or email email@example.com if you’re able to assist me in my house hunt! I will be extremely grateful. Thanks from E.
URGENT - CHILD CARE
Urgently looking for a child care option in Glenorchy for a 13 month old baby boy. Open to any suggestions, sharing a nanny etc.
Please contact Charmaine via email firstname.lastname@example.org
URGENT - ACCOMMODATION WANTED
Professional single mom with a baby boy and two well behaved dogs urgently looking for accommodation in or around Glenorchy. Happy for it to be small and simple, but 1 or 2 bedrooms would be ideal. Please contact Charmaine via email email@example.com
RENTAL OVER XMAS HOLIDAY PERIOD
29th December through to 2nd January.
We are a small family from Hawea Flat looking to spend a few nights in GY to explore some of the amazing walks you have.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have anything available for these dates.
GREAT GLENORCHY GETAWAY DAY 2020
Great Glenorchy Getaway Day 2020 – Calling for stallholders and local businesses deals
The Headwaters is planning a fun day on Sunday 25 October with lots of activities around Mrs Woolly’s General Store and Camp Glenorchy. We are looking for stallholders to join our market from 11am to 3pm, and asking local businesses if they would like to send us an offer that we could promote for that weekend.
If you are interested in selling something (food, arts, crafts, veggies, anything!) in the market or if you are a business and would like to offer a special deal for us to promote, please contact Luana on email@example.com or 027 700 6011.
Has anyone got a second hand fridge for sale. Wanted for our crib at Kinloch. Please contact:
The Lakeside Rugby Club is hosting a rugby game on Saturday 24th October.
Our Lakeside team will play a team from the Wakatipu basin (their name yet to be decided.)
Kick off is at 2.45pm at the recreation ground. Come along and support the local team.
All players/people interested in playing please contact Brylee 0212515542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
JOB VACANCY - ARO HA
Experienced Gardener required for Aro Ha Wellness Retreat
- Ongoing landscape work including pruning, mulching etc.
- Aesthetic eye & passion for landscape & food production
- Experience transplanting and grafting trees/plants
- Requires planting and fertilizing knowledge.
- Growing & caring for seedlings in Glasshouse
- Communication with other contractors and staff
- Weekly harvest and preparation of produce for chefs
- Daily farm garden work including annual and perennial crop fertility, organic pest, and irrigation management taking direction from the Garden Manager
Valuable Skill Set:
- Permaculture experience
- Commercial experience in large vegetable garden or market garden
- Ability to multi task and correctly prioritize tasks
- Basic mechanical knowledge to operate and maintain machinery and hand tools
- Experience with landscape and aesthetics of design
Work is performed in an outside environment, subject to various weather conditions.
Note we have a 7 day roster and weekend work is required.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years of commerical experience working in a organic production garden or permaculture farm landscaping experience also valuable.
- A solid understanding and experience of organic horticultural principles and practices, including: irrigation and compost systems, pest, disease, and weed management, crop planning and scheduling, propagation, cover-cropping, fertility and soils management.
- Detail oriented and ability to communicate effectively and positively with staff, management, co-workers and guests.
- Physically fit & able to perform the tasks in the farm & garden.
- A sense of garden and farm aesthetics for a sensitive site.
- Clean and valid NZ drivers license.
- Must be able to work legally in New Zealand.
- Cover letter
- Current copy of your resume & references
- Passport size photo & copy of driver’s license/passport (with valid work permit if required)
Email applications to email@example.com
Applications close 20 September 2020
POTENTIAL SOUTH AMERICA REPATRIATION FLIGHT END SEPT 2020
Kia ora koutou,
If you or someone you know is trying to get back to South America, Xtravel is working with LaTam airlines on a possible chartered cargo flight at the end of September.
There are limited seats available and the date is to be confirmed but priority will be given on a first come, first served basis.
2 x pieces of baggage weighing up to 23kgs each + 7kgs of carry-on baggage are included.
We would be grateful if you could share this information through your networks. Anyone interested should register their interest with Xtravel Queenstown (Ph. 03 442 9815 / 0800 23 23 20 firstname.lastname@example.org).
PARADISE TRUST IS LOOKING FOR A SUPERSTAR
We are seeking a superstar general helper or two at Paradise Trust. While the main emphasis will be on cleaning our accommodations and setting up for guests, there will be a variety of tasks you might be asked to assist with as no day in Paradise is the same.
This is a casual position with a minimum of 6 hours per week with expectations of this increasing significantly in summer. If you can work with flexible hours and can commit to some weekend work and you’d love to be part of the new team at Paradise, please send a cover letter stating your skills and include your CV to: email@example.com